Rats are one of the most unwelcome creatures that coexist with humanity. No one wants rats around, they gravitate naturally to human dwellings.Following are the tips to get rid of these rats.
- Place rat traps in high-activity areas of the rat colony. These areas may include darkened corners, along walls, behind appliances and objects, and all areas where droppings are evident. Since rats need to touch surfaces as they move, place them accordingly.
- Place rat traps space from 15-20 feet apart.
- Position rat traps to maximize the chances of rats to cross over the traps during their natural travels along their runways.
- To trap Roof Rats, set traps on tree limbs, under vegetation on a backyard fence or trellis, or on other above ground locations.
- Place the rat food in small pieces near it and above it with the hidden trap below. Once the rats start taking the food, set the traps.
- When you set up and place a food, it’s best to wear gloves and apply the bait with kitchen utensils. The reasons for this are simple. Rats are generally afraid of human smell, and they can often detect it from the oil left by fingerprints.
- Eliminating rats from an office building or factory is a much larger mission than trapping rats infesting a home. If multiple floors are seeing signs of rats, one need to learn the root of the problem. They access these spaces via air vents, basements or even toilets. Once access points are find, conquer these rodents with a sufficient number of traps.
- If you suspect your problem is down to a single rat, you can solve the problem with one or two place traps. If there’s an infestation on your property, you have need to place a dozen or so traps all around your house.